The Nova Scotia Signature Resorts (NSSR) – Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa, Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Centre, and Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa – are strongly committed and dedicated to protecting our guests’ privacy and safeguarding our guests’ identifiable information. This information can be collected by guests who’ve stayed with us or visited one of our four websites (www.signatureresorts.com, www.kelticlodge.ca, www.liscombelodge.ca, or www.digbypines.ca).
We respect the privacy of our guests’ and adhere to the principles of applicable date protection and privacy laws. NSSR is committed to high standards which guarantee honesty, integrity and fairness.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
NSSR collects information about our guests’ and visitors’ so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to their needs. Information may be collected as part of:
- Reservations, bookings, services or information requests;
- Submitting a job application;
- Responding to communications from us (ex. guest satisfaction surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations);
- Accommodating guests’ personal preferences;
- Working with third party sources, including collecting publicly available information from social media websites, to better assist in understanding guests’ interests and to serve them better;
- Updating guests’ contact information including their address; and
- Facilitating the transmission of a forwarding e-mail as per guest request.
We interpret personal information as meaning information that specifically identifies guests as individuals which is provided to or collected by NSSR. The type of personal information NSSR collects, uses and discloses, may include without limitation, guests’ name(s), residential mailing address(es), residential phone number(s) or email addresses, personal financial and credit information, date of birth, gender, verification of age for age-related programs, citizenship, place of employment, and personal/lifestyle preferences such as room types, leisure activities, names & ages of children and other information necessary to fulfill special requests.
PROCESSING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NSSR does not collect, use or disclose guests’ personal information without their knowledge and consent, except in certain circumstances. Such circumstances include without limitation, when legal, medical or security reasons make it impossible or impractical to obtain consent.
We may use, share among us and disclose guests’ personal information to NSSR New Castle Hotels and Resorts affiliates.
Our guests may choose to opt out, thereby withdrawing their consent at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Guests’ refusal to provide or withdrawal consent may affect NSSR ability to provide guests with their service needs. NSSR will inform guests of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw consent, guests should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIMITATIONS ON COLLECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
COMPLETENESS AND ACCURACY
NSSR strive to ensure that guests’ personal information is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
- NSSR uses remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, show NSSR ads on sites across the internet.
- NSSR and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the NSSR websites.
NSSR have security safeguards in place designed to protect against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification of guests’ personal information in the care of NSSR. The nature of the safeguards will depend on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the personal information. NSSR takes reasonable precautions to ensure that the staff does not disclose guest information to anyone but the individual themselves. NSSR will verify your identity in order to provide room keys, messages or other information.
Please note, NSSR will notify all guests immediately if security breach results in an unauthorized intrusion into our system.
GUEST ACCESS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
NSSR will provide guests’ access to their personal information. NSSR will correct or amend any inaccuracies in guests’ personal information. NSSR have the right to refuse guests’ request for access to personal information if:
- The information is protected by legal privilege;
- Granting access would reveal confidential commercial information;
- Doing so would reasonably be expected to threaten the life of security of another individual;
- The information was collected for purposes related to the detection and prevention of fraud;
- The information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process; or,
- The information would likely reveal personal information about another individual.
Guests are encouraged to discuss any privacy issues, please e-mail email@example.com with any concerns or questions. Upon request, NSSR will inform a guest on the procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about NSSR policies and practices relating to the handling of personal information.