Green Initiatives at Keltic Lodge
Our Nova Scotia resort aims to create a more sustainable travel experience for our guests by encouraging everyone to increase their green footprint. Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa takes daily actions to reduce energy consumption including turning off lights, using water saving techniques, shutting computers off when not in use and providing options for greener travel.
Here are examples of what we do at Keltic Lodge:
- Eco-friendly laundry detergents and dish washing soaps
- Recycle bins throughout the property
- Compost, Recycle & Reuse where possible
- Include brown paper bags for compost and clear bag garbage in each guest room
- Insulated blankets on hot water tanks
- Use energy efficient light bulbs where possible
- Use energy efficient thermostat controls in rooms where possible
- Use recycle paper
- On-site garden for fresh fruits & vegetables
- Supports local food
In addition, to decrease the use of laundry water and detergents, we provide our guests with in room requests. If a guest leaves their soiled towels in the bath tub, we will replace with fresh towels. For more information on our Cape Breton resort and our commitment to acts of green, please call us at 1.800.565.0444.