Barbecued Chicken and Roasted Peaches nâ€™ Cream Corn Chowder
Thursday, May 5th, 2011
Here’s another great recipe from our Cape Breton Restaurant:
Barbecued Chicken and Roasted Peaches n’ Cream Corn Chowder
- 2 lbs. Barbecued chicken breast and leg meat.
- 4 Cobs of corn — boiled and kernels removed. Roast the kernels in the oven or pan fry until slightly brown to achieve a sweet nutty roasted flavor.
- ½ cup Onions, chopped small
½ cup Celery, chopped small
- ½ cup Carrots, chopped small
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Fresh or dried thyme
- ¼ cup All Purpose flour
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 3 cups Potatoes, peeled and diced small
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 4 cups 35% cream (whipping cream)
- 2 cups 2% milk
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, sautÃ© onions, celery, and carrots in butter until tender.
- Add thyme and stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock slowly, stirring constantly to avoid lumping.
- Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
- Add in the BBQ sauce, chicken and corn and simmer 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add the cream and milk and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Chef’s Note: Serve with your favorite “big fat” dinner rolls and make a meal out of it, or a smaller portion to start a dinner. The chowder will last in the fridge for two days but it is usually eaten before then.