Wedding Tips: Planning your Honeymoon
Monday, March 14th, 2011
Are you getting married this summer? It’s about time for you to start planning your honeymoon. We suggest planning with a timeline in order to get the most benefit from your honeymoon.
1. 6 Months before your honeymoon- set a budget. Now that your wedding plans are in full swig, you probably have a better idea about how much money you can spend towards a trip. Your wedding budget probably changed over the past few months so this is where you need to determine if you afford the honeymoon of your dreams.
2. 5 Months before- determine your destination. After setting your budget and considering all options within it, you should be ready to decide where to go. You may want to visit a travel agent for help on selecting the perfect sport. Consider all inclusive resorts so that your trip will be stress free. You’ll want to focus most of your energy on your new partner. If you are looking for something local like our Nova Scotia resort, you can call us directly!
3. 4 months before- make your reservations. By now you should determine whether you are going to book yourself or via a travel agent. 4 months is a good time to ensure you get the room you want.
4. 3-1 months before- make arrangements and arrange details. Do you need a passport to where you are going? If you are traveling to Canada from the US, you now need a passport. Get any vaccinations if you are going to a foreign country. Did you buy your luggage yet? Get all your plans finalized so you won’t have any worries before your trip. These last few months should be more about the details of your big day.
5. One week before. Get packing, make sure your accommodations, flight, etc. are confirmed. Exchange your money if you are going to another country.
We hope this list helps you plan more effectively. Where will you be taking your honeymoon? Please let us know. For those of you local Nova Scotians, don’t forget how fun a local honeymoon can be. Try out our Cape Breton resort and save yourself money by not traveling overseas.